Media Contact: Roz Brown or call 303-533-6059
Ball Aerospace Opens the Aperture at annual GEOINT Conference
October 5, 2012
BOULDER, Colo. – Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. is opening the nation’s aperture to innovation, performance and value proposition at the 2012 GEOINT Symposium to be held the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Kissimmee, FL., Oct. 8-11.
Ball’s recent accomplishments will be on display at booth #1417 as we demonstrate our agility to innovate and strength to deliver for the nation’s most critical national space, tactical and information missions.
Demonstrations at the Ball booth will include:
- Total Sight™ Flash Lidar is real-time, full motion color LIDAR (light imaging, detection and ranging) for time critical missions. The system combines state-of-the art LIDAR sensors and laser systems with robust real-time processing systems. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-rQJQ1qOM&list=UUcI5lfyzGefuFfp8qZCkdAQ&index=1&feature=plcp
- The Interactive Comprehensive Environment (ICE) tool brings together various sources of intelligence from multiple locations into a single interface, granting the user full situational awareness during a live or simulated event. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6SxvU_nRto&list=UUcI5lfyzGefuFfp8qZCkdAQ&index=2&feature=plcp
- DYNAMAN-DIME is a tool used to emulate live/virtual/constructive flight environments in order to prepare for weather, latency and other hazards which may hinder airborne data collection.
- Opticks is an open-source AGI data processing tool used to exploit MASINT data such as multi/hyperspectral, thermal-IR, SAR, and other persistent overhead scene-based data. Opticks also supports the extraction of intensity values within point cloud LiDAR data, analyzing full motion video streams, emulating 3D illuminated scenes, and processing real-time airborne hyperspectral data. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krrvymqdPz8&list=UUcI5lfyzGefuFfp8qZCkdAQ&index=3&feature=plcp
- Geode is a tool used to search and retrieve large web-based repositories of AGI data. Web-Opticks is a remote processing version of Opticks, where the data is selected, processed, and viewed via a connection to the remote repository. Web Report Editing Tool (WebRET) makes text based intelligence report generation simple by providing a web-based report editor that enables simple manipulation by the analyst as opposed to traditional text report generation methods. Finally, Interactive Event Visualization (IEV) is a flex-based web tool used by the analyst to gather multiple sources of information, in different formats, and produce a multimedia product based on those inputs. This provides the customer with an interactive intelligence product which tells a story regarding an event. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3csMQAAR3Q&list=UUcI5lfyzGefuFfp8qZCkdAQ&index=1&feature=plcp
Media Relations Manager
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.